WIAA SPECIAL ELECTION FOR ADVISORY COUNCIL POSITIONS
A special election will take place for two positions on the Advisory Council.
Advisory Council – Ethnic At-Large Representative – 1-year term
Gender At-Large Representative – 2-year term
District administrators, high school principals and assistant principals at these levels who are interested in being a candidate should state their intention via a letter to Kassie Mortimer (email@example.com) at the WIAA office. Note: Candidates must have (1) Department of Public Instruction licensure allowing placement in the eligible set, (2) must be employed full-time or part-time in a qualifying position and (3) cannot be members of the teachers' bargaining unit.
For complete information regarding powers of the Board of Control and Advisory Council, please refer to Pages 14-21 of the WIAAA Senior High Handbook https://www.wiaawi.org/Portals/0/PDF/Publications/2022-23handbook.pdf
Electronic voting will be used for this special election. More information and instructions will be emailed on August 23rd.
The time line of the special election process is as follows:
Gender At-Large (1 2-year term position) – PRIMARY NEEDED
Diane Tremblay, Superintendent – Barron
- Educator and/or Administrator for 29 years
- Coached at Varsity and National levels for 8 years
- Completed in collegiate sports 4 years; track and field and cross country
- Competed in Olympic trials 2006; skiing
Heather Cramer, District Administrator – Hustisford
- Entering my 7th year as District Administrator
- 24 years of educational experience in small and large schools
- Coached multiple sports from youth to Varsity level
- WIAA Sportsmanship Summit Committee
- WASDA Small Schools Committee Member
- Executive Committee Member for the Trailways Conference
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree from UW La Crosse
- Doctoral Candidate—Marian University
Jennifer Melville, Assistant Principal – Stevens Point
- Worked with community organizations to build the Lake Pacawa Splash and Play, an all-inclusive play area
- Incorporated sports related programming into summer school programming for the Stevens Point Area Public School District as Coordinator
- Assumed role of assistant principal at SPASH in Stevens Point, WI in 2013
- Served as a Lead Teacher at Kornerstone Charter School in the Kimberly Area School District from 2011-2013
- Coached volleyball and softball in the Kaukauna Area School District.
- Taught Social Studies and at-risk students at Kaukauna High School from 2004-2011
- Holds a BS in education from UW-L and a Master’s degree in education from UWSP
- 2-sport graduate from Lincoln High School, Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Margaret “Peggy” Larson, District Administrator - Winneconne
- Impact on our students is the center of decision making
- Believer in the power of extra curriculars for our student athletes - greater academic success, character development, positive social development, greater interest in giving back to the community
- Supporter of coaches - their influence, leadership, and learning
- Understands the impact of Boards, how to work with people, and has the ability to compromise to find consensus
- 29 years in education: physical education teacher 2 years (Shawano-Gresham School District) and 2 years Winneconne Community School District (WCSD), coached volleyball and basketball, Dean of Students 1 year (WCSD), 13 years middle school principal (WCSD), and 11 years and District Administrator (WCSD)
- Doctoral Degree in Education - University of Wisconsin Oshkosh 2018
Ethnic At-Large (1 1-year term position)
Mark Holzman, Superintendant - Janesville
- Serving first year as Janesville School District Superintendent of Schools
- Member of the WIAA competitive balance committee
- Served Manitowoc School District as Superintendent from 2015-2022
- Served on WIAA Advisory Council 2014-2020
- Served as Assistant Superintendent in Sheboygan Area School District 2011-2015
- Served as Elementary Principal, Asst. HS Principal in Fond du Lac, WI
- Served as High School teacher, basketball, and baseball coach
- Baseball and Basketball athlete at Lakeland University
- 4 sport athlete in high school
- Lifetime advocate for co-curricular athletics
- Masters and Specialist degrees in Education Administration and Leadership
- Thank you for your consideration
August 26, 2022 Primary election ballots will start.
September 2, 2022 Deadline for completing primary election ballot.
September 6, 2022 General election ballots will start.
September 13, 2022 Deadline for completing general election ballots.
October 5, 2022 Successful candidates will be seated for the Advisory Council meeting.
Interested and eligible candidates should email a letter declaring their candidacy to the attention of Kassie Mortimer at the WIAA office firstname.lastname@example.org by the August 22, 2022 deadline.