Follow Deb! @hauser_deb
1. All high school level games will be played in halves. Varsity games - 18 minute halves; subvarsity games - 16 minute halves.
2. Players will be allowed to play in 2 halves per night. If a school has low numbers, there will be a waiver provision to allow athletes to participate in 3 halves per night. More information on the waiver will be forthcoming this fall.
>4. Junior highs will continue to play in the quarter format --- no halves for 8th grade on down.
5. The number of time-outs will not change as a result of playing in halves. Three 60-second time-outs and 2 30-second time-outs will remain in effect.
7. No voting will occur on the tournament brackets this season. The tournament brackets will stay as they are currently published on the WIAA website.
8. Three-half waiver request.
Submit all required documents to Deb Hauser <firstname.lastname@example.org> Click here for form.
Thursday, March 17
1:35 p.m. - Division 3 Semifinals - Sectional #3 vs. Sectional #4
- Sectional #1 vs. Sectional #2
6:35 p.m. - Division 4 Semifinals - Sectional #3 vs. Sectional #4
Friday, March 18
9:05 a.m. - Division 5 Semifinals - Sectional #3 vs. Sectional #4
1:35 p.m. - Division 2 Semifinals - Sectional #3 vs. Sectional #4
6:35 p.m. - Division 1 Semifinals - Sectional #3 vs. Sectional #4
Saturday, March 19
9:30 a.m. - 3-Point Challenge
11:05 a.m. - Division 5 Championship
- Division 4 Championship
- Division 3 Championship
6:35 p.m. - Division 2 Championship
- Division 1 Championship
Kohl Center Spectator Guidelines - View Illegal Items Info
The following items will NOT be allowed in the Kohl Center (all spectators are subject to search):
Review the history of the WIAA Boys State Basketball tournaments by reading the summaries from the WIAA Yearbooks for the years 1924-1999. Learn interesting facts about the game and the teams that participated in these tournaments. Interesting tidbits and team photos are a part of the collection.
Boys State Basketball Championships - courtesy WIAA Yearbooks
Seeding will be conducted statewide on February 20-21.
Watch 100th Celebration Video
State Tournament Preview
UW Parking Info | Map to Site
Alliant Energy Center Shuttle
Madison Visitor Info
Fan Friendly Hotel Rates 2016
Watch 3-Point Challenge
2015-16 Leader Board
NCAA Eligibility Info
Rules Meetings & Exams
NFHS HS Today
Guide for Officials
Become an Official
Web Stream Central
5516 Vern Holmes Drive
Stevens Point, WI 54482-8833
Phone (715) 344-8580
Fax (715) 344-4241
Mon-Fri: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM