The Board of Control is the governing body of the WIAA. The Board consists of 10 administrators from the senior high school membership and one representative of the Wisconsin Association of School Boards. Seven of the 11 members represent geographical districts of the state, one is an at-large gender representative, one is an at-large ethnic minority representative and one is an at-large nonpublic school representative.
2021-22 Board of Control
- President - Willy Chambers, Black Hawk
- President-Elect - Karl Morrin, Florence
- Treasurer - Dave Steavpack, Manitowoc
ALL BOARD MEMBERS:
- District 1 - Eric Russell, Baldwin-Woodville (term expires 2022)
- District 2 - Michael Endreas, Spencer (term expires 2024)
- District 3 - Mike Beighley, Whitehall (term expires 2023)
- District 4 - Dave Steavpack, Manitowoc (term expires 2023)
- District 5 - Willy Chambers, Black Hawk (term expires 2024)
- District 6 - Eric Burling, Burlington (term expires 2022)
- District 7 - Ryan McMillen, Muskego (term expires 2022)
- Ethnic Minority At-Large Representative - Karl Morrin, Florence (term expires 2023)
- Gender Minority At-Large Representative - Jill Stobber, Waterford (term expires 2024)
- Nonpublic School At-Large Representative - Paul Pedersen, Regis (term expires 2022)
- Wisconsin Association of School Boards Representative - Mike Humke, Dodgeville (term expires 2022)
The authority of the Board includes the general control over all activity and persons involved with the official school teams in any sponsored sport by the WIAA.
The Board has sole authority to interpret the provisions of the WIAA Constitution, Bylaws and Rules of Eligibility, and any other regulations that are adopted. It also has authority to make changes, whenever necessary, in rules and regulations of the WIAA, except the Constitution, Bylaws and Rules of Eligibility.
The Board shall hear all appeals of decisions by the Executive Director, within provision of the WIAA appeal process, and have authority to grant relief in case of emergency or if extenuating circumstances are involved.